Thursday, January 2, 2014

Trader Joe's Veggie Burgers are Delish

In my quest to transition from a carnivore to a herbivore I find that I have been scouring the web and stores for great clean, gluten free, dairy free eats.  Today I tried Trader Joe’s frozen Veggie Burgers for the first time.  Now, I have been an avid Trader Joe's shopper for several years and there has been little that I have tasted at Trader Joe's that I have not liked so I was super excited when I came across the Veggie Burger.  Especially since I am trying to cut back on my meat intake.  I mean really what a great dinner option.  I am happy to say I was not disappointed. They were delicious.  Not only did I like them but my daughters who are not really enthused about our new lifestyle thought they were good.  My youngest daughter said "Mom buy those again."  As most moms know that is always a good sign.  I thought to myself this is a win win situation.  They were cost effective at $3.49 for 4 patties.  That breaks down to $ .87 per patty.   I also thought the nutritional breakdown was good.  They are low in calories and they have a healthy source of healthy fats. 
Calories: 230
Total Fat: 11g
Sodium 470mg (Not so great considering the recommended daily intake is 2,400)
Fiber: 5g
Protein: 5g

Not bad right?  The next time you are in Trader Joe's I suggest you pick up a package of their Veggie Burgers.

IMG_3622 (1024x683)